Reckon Review accepts prose (fiction and non-fiction) of any length. No poetry please. We also accept book reviews, please see our Oleada page for more info.
In 2023 we will be open for submissions from January 1 – May 31, and October 1 – November 30.
This is where we tell you what our aesthetic is, but we don’t like rules, and believe guidelines cramp creativity. Send us honest and vulnerable, something you’re proud of, something that will keep us up at night. Meagan’s taste skews gritty and rural, but she loves surprises.
- we are currently a non-paying market
- simultaneous submissions are welcomed, but please let us know if you place them elsewhere.
- no previously published work.
- we ask for one-time, archival, and promotional publishing rights to accepted content.
- If accepted, please wait until the next calendar year to submit again.