Reckon Review accepts prose (fiction and non-fiction) of any length on a rolling basis. No poetry please. We also publish book reviews.
This is where we tell you what our aesthetic is, but we don’t like rules, and guidelines cramp creativity. Send us honest and vulnerable, something you’re proud of, something that will keep us up at night. Meagan’s taste skews gritty and rural, but she loves surprises.
To Submit Prose:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- include 1 piece only, attached in .docx, .rtf, or pasted in the body of your email
- NO PDFs
- include a brief third person bio in your cover letter
To Have Your Book Considered for Review, or to Submit or Pitch a Book Review:
- email: email@example.com
- review submissions should be 1500 words or fewer, attached in .docx, .rtf, or pasted in the body of your email
- books that you are requesting reviews for should fit the Reckon aesthetic and appeal to Reckon readers. Read the journal if you’re not sure. Our reviewers only consider paper books, you or your publisher must be willing to send a physical copy.
- include a brief third person bio in your email
- we are currently a non-paying market
- simultaneous submissions are welcomed, but please let us know if you place them elsewhere.
- no previously published work.
- we ask for one-time, archival, and promotional publishing rights to accepted content.
- If accepted, please wait until the next calendar year to submit again.
- WE WILL BE CLOSED FOR PROSE SUBMISSIONS DURING NOVEMBER & DECEMBER. ALL PROSE SUBMISSIONS SENT DURING THIS TIME WILL BE DELETED UNREAD. THANK YOU. WE ARE STILL OPEN FOR BOOK REVIEW SUBMISSIONS, PITCHES, AND INQUIRIES.